Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Saturday July 9

So sorry for not updating.   It has been a rough couple of days.   Saturday we found out I was having trouble breathing because I have a pulmonary embolism in my lung (blood clot).  It is what was causing all the pain when I'm breathing.  

In the meantime, the nurse was giving me iv meds and I felt something funny in my neck.   I told her right away.   They sent me for an X-ray.   They came back and told me that my picc line inverted and was no longer in my vein.   They had to call the iv team to come in and try and place it so that we could use it to get us through the weekend because the iv radiology team isn't in on the weekends and with me now needing the heparin drip for the blood clot they need the central line because the heparin is constant. 

That was my fun Saturday.   

No comments:

Post a Comment