Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Tuesday July 19

Was up bright and early 4:30ish because the nurse had to draw labs.  I couldn't go back to sleep after that.   Colin came in around 6.  We got a call around 7 that we were going downstairs for a scope.

They took us down to 7 West right at 7:00 and prepped me for the scope.  The doctors came down and watched the procedure.   They did not do the biopsy because of the risk of bleeding but everything with the scope looked good and they were really pleased with their findings.  I was happy too because the doctor who did it was extremely gentle and didn't put in much air so I wasn't as uncomfortable as I usually am afterwards.  As soon as he was done with the scope they took me back to my room.  

Colin double checked with the nurses on the 11th floor and they were getting a room cleaned for me.   Colin got me breakfast and we watched tv.  The room still wasn't done at lunchtime so I ordered lunch and ate and we waited some more.  I even slid a little cat nap in there and got about a half hour of sleep.  The docs came in and told me I needed more blood.  I had to sign another consent and they gave me another liter of blood.  It took about two hours to get in.  After the blood was in, Colin and I went for a walk.   We went to see if my bed was ready yet.   It was so they let us move out stuff down to the 11th floor.   We moved our stuff and then went for a walk outside to get out a little bit.  We didn't stay out too long because it was really hot but it was nice to get some fresh air.

After that we went back to my new room and I ordered dinner.   Colin went home to clean and vacuum because we are hoping I'll be going home tomorrow.  I ate my dinner, colored in my coloring book and talked on the phone to a new friend I just crossed paths with who had a transplant as well.   We chatted for about a half hour and I'm definitely going to keep in contact with her.   She has been through a lot of what I've been through and I think it is the start of a new relationship.  

I'm feeling a little better now but I'm heading to bed.   Hopefully I'll get some sleep tonight.  I will post more tomorrow.   Have a good night

No comments:

Post a Comment