Sunday, July 24, 2016

Saturday July 23

Colin and Rob got up early and went golfing.   Brynn and I laid around for a little bit and then decided to go to breakfast.  We went to IHOP.   I had strawberry pancakes, scrambled eggs and hash browns.  It was delicious.   I could hardly even eat half of it.  

I had a list of errands to run so we sat and planned out the errands.  We did a little running around but we were on a mission so it was nice because we weren't wandering around.  

After our errands we went back to the apartment and waited for the boys to get done golfing.  They got back to the apartment around noon.  We decided where we were going for lunch.   We went to Spoonwood Brewery.   It was pretty good.  I had some chili and a little bit of a pulled pork sandwich.  After lunch we stopped at Paige's and got some ice cream.  We went back to the apartment and ate the ice cream.  Then we all laid down to chill out for a little bit.  I laid in the bedroom and Brynn, Rob and Colin were in the living room watching tv.  Before I knew it Brynn and Rob were sleeping and Colin came into the bedroom to lay with me.  He ended up falling asleep.  I couldn't sleep so I just laid there in a daze.  My chest started hurting again when I would breathe in deep.   It had been bugging me a little bit all day but as the day went on it started getting worse and worse and my legs/body were getting pretty weak.  

Everyone was awake and moving around 5:30,  none of us were hungry yet so we sat and watched tv for a little bit.  Rob hopped in the shower and the rest of us got dressed and ready to go to dinner.  Once we were all ready we stopped at Dick's so the guys could get golf balls to go golfing in the morning.  After Dick's we drove around the shopping center to figure out where we wanted to eat. 

We let Rob pick.  We ended up going to Bar Louie.  Colin and I had never been there so it was a new experience for all of us.  As we sat there, the pain in my chest was worsening.   Colin started to get worried so after we ordered dinner he called the on call nurse.  Mary called back and asked me a few questions about what I was experiencing.   She said she was going to call Dr. Cruz and call me back.   She called back a few minutes later and said to go to the ER.  I finished my dinner and had Colin stop at the house so I could change into something comfortable.  I put on pajamas, said goodbye to Brynn and Rob and we headed to the hospital.   They took us back right away because Mary called and told them we were coming.   They did an X-ray and decided to hold off on a ct scan because I have had so many.  They gave me pain medicine and said that my transplant doctors were called and someone would be down to see me.   About a half hour later Dr. Vyes came to my room and said they were going to give me fluids and put me on a heparin drip to treat me for a blood clot.  He said they were keeping me at least overnight for observation.  Colin left around midnight and I was moved to a room on the 10th floor by 12:30. I was exhausted so once they got me settled in my bed and gave me my meds I fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment