Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Tuesday July 5

We got up bright and early.  Had to be in clinic at 6 for my scope/biopsy.  Before the biopsy they did my bloodwork.  I only needed one replacement.  The whole time I was feeling like crap.  I had a lot of abdominal pain, nausea, anxiety, lightheaded, uneasy and dizzy.  Just all around not feeling well.

Bill came in to check on me before the scope and gave me iv Ativan as well as pain meds.  The nurse got everything together and gave me the meds.  I got up to empty my bag so they wouldn't have issues while they were doing the scope.  

The doctor came in and started.  It was extremely painful.  Probably the worst one I had so far.  I cried the entire time he was doing it.  There is a kink of some sort in my intestine which makes it hard for them to get to where they need to go.  In order to get through the link they blow it up with air.  Not a comfortable feeling.   They also blast it with water to try and open it up.   After what felt like hours (even though it was only a half hour), he was able to cut out the biopsy pieces.  

Good news is....everything in the intestine looks great. We just have to wait on the biopsy results which won't be back until tomorrow.

They had to change a couple of meds around.  I'm back on iv steroids because the oral doesn't seem to be processing through my body like they should be.  We go back tomorrow for more bloodwork. And an iv med to prevent CMV.  It's a four hour infusion.  I'm going to take the laptop and work on some of the golf event stuff.  I'm going to try and make that a priority because we are running out of time.  Well....wish me luck tomorrow.  Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment