Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Saturday July 2

Today is the day for the big concert!!!  I'm super excited.  

I took my blood pressure and it was through the roof so I took my bp meds to tried to chill and see if it would go down.  We straightened up the house and watched a movie.  I laid down for a little bit just to conserve my energy and kept an eye on my bp.  It slowly started to go down.  

I got up around 1:30 and started to get ready.  Had my face not been so puffy and fat from the steroids I may have actually looked cute 😓

U
 
 
The crappy lighting in our bedroom doesn't give you a clear pic but that's my outfit in a nutshell.

We left around 2:30 to head to the concert.  The gates opened at 8.  When we bought the concert tickets we also bought a parking pass.  Well....thank goodness mom brought the transporter.  We had to walk a mile and a half to get to the stadium.  Well...I rode and mom pushed.   It was a horribly long walk.  People are rude, there were a lot of tailgaters who were completely trashed and running in to us everywhere.  After about an hour walk due to crowds etc we finally made it to Heinz Field.  We got there about 15 mins before the gates opened.  A gentleman was nice enough to put us at a separate gate for handicap persons so we didn't have to wait in line.  Once the gates opened, we found our seats.  Mom dropped the chair off at customer service which was right behind where we were sitting. We also lucked out because the restroom was right behind us as well.  
 

The concert lineup was Old Dominion (I knew a couple of their songs but not all of them), Sam Hunt - he was awesome!  He really amped up the crowd.  He put on a great show.  I would definitely go see him again.   

My absolute favorite was next....Miranda Lambert!!!!  I love her!!  She's got an amazing voice and puts on a great show.  She really engaged the crowd and sang old songs and new.  I had so much fun watching her!!!

Then of course you can't forget Kenny Chesney.   As always....awesome show.  Engages himself with the crowd really well.   Hardly stops in between songs.  He just keeps going and going.  I started to get tired after about his 5th song so we decided to head out.  We still had an hour walk back to the car.   (Well mom did anyway 😜.  I ran to the bathroom and mom went and grabbed the transporter.  After several wrong turns and asking police officers for directions we finally made it back to the car.  Needless to say it was a long evening!!!

Thank you Mom for taking me to the concert.  I had a blast and it really made my weekend.   I know it was torture for you because of how much you love country music!!   I love you for all you do!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment