Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Monday December 21

Woke up at 5.  Unhooked my tpn, showered and got dressed.   We left for my doctor's appointment at 6.  We went into clinic.  They did a lot of blood work.  Two bottles for blood cultures and 12 tubes to test different vitamin levels etc.  While I was there they gave me a bag of fluids.  I figured I might as well stay ahead of it.  

We waited until about 9:30 for the blood work to come back and then the team came around.  Dr. Cruz is on vacation back to Brazil for the holidays so Dr. Gonoza was making the rounds.  He is really happy with my labs and my progress.  He said that they have already received multiple organ offers for me but it just hasn't been the perfect match.  Because of my size and weight I need a smaller organ and they don't want to give me an organ unless it's absolutely perfect.  That being said....we are still going back to Lancaster for Christmas but Dr. Gonoza is going to be on call in case an organ is a match and we would have to drive back to Pittsburgh.  All in all the appointment was full of promise.  

After my appointment we went home.  I cleaned the house top to bottom so it's spotless when we get home.  After I cleaned I put on my fluids and watched a little tv.  When I was done I ran over to the gas station and filled up my car.  I had $1.20 off with my fuel rewards so it only cost me $13.00 to fill up my tank!   

I ran to the mailbox and grabbed the mail.  We are definitely feeling the love this year!!  We have gotten so many Christmas cards from people we know and people that are friends or aquaintences of people we know.  We have made a card wall out of them.  Thank you to everyone who has sent cards and notes.  We have enjoyed every single one!


After I got back Colin and I got ready for The Waterfront's Christmas party.  It was a party for all the residents.  We met some new people and hung out for about an hour.  

We went home, I put on my pajamas, hooked up my tpn and went to bed.  Today is a new day.  I'm not sure what it holds for us but I will post more later.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment