Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Tuesday December 15

Woke up at 5 this morning so we could go to my appointment.  I unhooked my tpn, got showered and dressed.  We left the house around 6.  Got to the hospital around 6:15.  They did my blood work right away.  Then the nurse did my dressing change.  When she was cleaning the picc line she noticed a crack in it.  A crack in the picc could lead to major infection.  

The nurse called the doctor and he put an order in to have it replaced.   They came and got me and took me to iv radiology.  Luckily they weren't too busy.  They were able to do the procedure quickly.  They did what they call a wire exchange where they use the same entry point but they take a new wire and slide it over the old one.  Then they pull the old one out.  They numb they area before they do it so you don't feel anything.  It was done before I knew it.  

We went back to the room in the hospital and waited for the doctors to make their rounds.  They came around and said everything on my labs look great and they are pleased with my progress.  They discharged us and we headed home.

I needed a prescription refilled and for some reason it had to be at cvs.  I found the closest cvs and dropped off my prescription.  They didn't have enough in stock so I have to go back tomorrow to pick it up after 1.  

I got home and put on my fluids.  It took about 2.5 hours to do them.  For some reason it was dripping really slow.  

When my fluids were done I left to get glue for a project with the couch.  Colin was pulling in as I was getting ready to leave.  He came with me to target.  We got home and I made dinner.  Mini meatloaf cupcakes. It's little meatloaf cupcakes with mashed potatoes baked on top after the loaves are cooked.  Looked pretty good to me.  

It's about 6:30.  I'm really tired so I'm laying down on the couch and we are watching The Wire.  It's an HBO series.  We just started season one.  I'm hoping it's worth it.  I guess we will see.  I'm tired so I'll be going to bed early.  So for now...good night.  Sweet dreams!!

No comments:

Post a Comment