Friday, December 18, 2015

Thursday December 17

Woke up early.  Went to the couch to lay down and watch tv.  Unhooked my tpn, showered and got dressed.  Put on my fluids early because I had an eye appointment at 12:15.  

I know how much you all love these:  here's an only me story for you....

I made the eye appointment because they were running a special of $19 for an eye exam.  I made Colin an appointment as well but his is on Saturday.  Around 10 I received a phone call from Visionworks.  The lady on the phone tells me that they are no longer honoring the 19.00 eye exam and that it is going to be 49.00.  I told her that that was unacceptable and that we made the appointment because they were running the special.  She told me she was sorry but there was nothing she could do.  I told her to keep my appointment and got off the phone.  

I looked up the corporate number and called.  This process was just as frustrating.  I went through the automated system four times but kept getting disconnected.  I was finally able to get through to a receptionist.  She kept putting me back into the automated system.  I finally called back and asked her to please just find me an actual person in customer service to speak with.  I explained why I was calling and that I was going to hold until she found someone.  She put me on hold and came back on the line.  She gave me the name and number of the director of customer service.  I thanked her for her help, hung up and called the number.  It went into voicemail so I left a brief message.

In the meantime it was time for my appointment.  I went into the store and the first thing I did was ask who I spoke to on the phone.  The woman walked over and I apologized for yelling at her.  While I was apologizing, the manager walked over, apologized for the inconvenience and said she was going to honor the $19 eye exam for Colin and I.  I thanked her and she explained that corporate didn't give them notice and they were basically doing what was asked of them.  I told her I was trying to reach them and that I think they should know that their handling of it is not professional.  She agreed and told me to call the number on the receipt and take the survey to voice my opinion.  After my eye exam, I left and my phone rang.  It was the woman from corporate!!  I thanked her for returning my call and explained everything to her.  She assured me she would look into it and asked if I wanted a follow up call.  I told her I trusted her to follow up, thanked her for her time and got off the phone.

After that, I went home and made dinner.  After dinner I went shopping with Matt.  I got home around 8, put on my tpn, face timed with Amber and the boys and went to bed.  

Today is a new day.  I will post later!  Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment