Sunday, December 13, 2015

Saturday December 12

I got up at 6, took off my tpn, showered and got dressed.  I got in my car and headed to Altoona to see Honey.

On my way I stopped at Dean's Diner.  It's this diner my pap used to take Honey to years ago.   I ordered a pie to surprise her so I had to stop and pick it up.  It took me about an hour and 40 minutes to get there with having to stop.   On my way there my Mom called to tell me that my great uncle Jack passed away early in the morning.   She wanted to prepare me for the commotion I was probably going to be walking into.

Mom and Dad decided to make the trip as well because they wanted to support Honey.  I got there a little before 9 and mom and dad were already there.  I stayed and hung out around the house and put my fluids on.   Honey was really quiet.   She wasn't saying much of anything.   The telephone was ringing off the hook.  It was non-stop.  My uncle Rick was there all morning as well.   

At one point my dad and uncle Rick went to the basement and it was flooded.   The sewer system was backed up.   They called a plumber and we had to wait around for them to come and fix it.  My uncle Rick went out and grabbed lunch for everyone (Texas Hot Dogs) one of my favorites but I can't eat them.....

They had hot dogs and some pie for lunch.   After they were done with lunch and the plumber left we went out to my Grandma and Pap's.   My cousin Jill met us out there with her kids.  It was good to see her and to catch up.  Grandma and Pap seem to be doing really well.  He's feeling much better after being pretty sick a couple of weeks ago.   We stayed for a couple of hours and visited.  I wanted to try and get on the road before dark so we left and went back to Honey's so I could get ready to leave.

I said my goodbyes and hopped in the car.  I left around 4:30.  I was making really good time until I got on 376 in Pittsburgh.   Traffic was at a dead stop.   There was no one moving.   The highway was closed to blow up a bridge and the exit was still 2 miles ahead but everyone was being forced to get off it so it wasn't moving at all.  When I was finally able to get off, I had to find my way home without going the highway which wasn't easy because the gps kept trying to have me do a u-turn to get back on the highway.  I just kept driving straight until it finally took me somewhere I was slightly familiar with.  I finally made it home.  It was 7:40.   Talk about a long drive.

I was exhausted.  I put on my pjs when I walked in the door.   Drank some sleepy time tea, put on my tpn and went to bed.   I had a long day but it was worth it.  I got to spend time with my parents, Honey and my grandparents.  It made the 3.5 hour drive home worth it.  Hopefully today will be a good day.  I will post later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment