Friday, January 15, 2016

Friday January 15

Woke up early again today.  I was up at around 4.  I stayed in bed until around 7.  I took off my tpn, got up and showered around 8.  I got dressed, did my hair and makeup and got ready for the reporter.

The reporter and photographer arrived around 10.  They took a couple of pictures and interviewed me.  I answered all kinds of questions from my medical history to my insurance issues to my current way of life.  He wrote everything down and was very concise. They stayed for about an hour and a half.

Around 2:00, the reporter Steve called to ask a couple more questions.  He told me he had a call in to UPMC and Blue Cross/ Blue Shield.  He said he would call me if he heard anything more.  

In the meantime around 3:30 or so I received a call from a nurse case manager at Blue Cross telling me they were working on getting the Continuity of Care for the actual transplant and that they were hoping to have it resolved today.  She said that she would call me as soon as she had an update.

I emailed Steve an update.  About ten minutes later I received a call from the admin office at Blue Cross.  I was told that the transplant was approved as in-network and that everything would be sent over to UPMC approving it.  She asked for my email address and sent me copies of the letters.  She also sent them to Mary.  Once I received the letters, I sent them over to Steve so he could take a look too.

Steve called about twenty minutes later.  He looked over the letters and was extremely happy with the outcome.  He then proceeded to go over the interview and basic information he will be putting in the article.  He said it is being published tomorrow and will be on the front page of the Pittsburgh Post Gazette!!!!   How awesome is that!!!!   It should be online as well.  If so, I will post the link tomorrow for anyone who wants to check it out. 

Today was a good day.  I was able to get my story out there and my transplant was approved through my new insurance.  

Around 8:30 this evening I received a call from Mary.  She said that they re-activated me on the list so be prepared for a call!!!  So now I'm back on the list again and am actively waiting for my organ!!  It was a good day!  Hopefully tonight will be a good night and I'll get some sleep!  I will be in touch tomorrow.  Sweet dreams!!

No comments:

Post a Comment