Monday, January 4, 2016

Monday January 4

Woke up this morning to about an inch of snow on the ground.  It made me want to stay in my pjs cuddled on the couch all day in my heated blanket.  


Even though I wanted to be in my pjs I got dressed in my long underwear, jeans and sweater.  I bundled up so I was toasty warm.  I ran to the grocery store to grab a couple of things.  I got home and called the insurance company.  I was on the phone off and on for about two hours.  They took a bunch of information and said they would get back to me on a resolution.  The whole process has been so frustrating.

While I was dealing with the insurance I cleaned the kitchen, took down the last of the Christmas decorations and straightened up the house.  

Finally tonight around 6pm I received a phone call.  They approved my continuance of care!!!   That means that they are making an exception and will cover my care with UPMC and the transplant even though they don't accept the insurance.   It was such a relief and I'm excited to move forward.   They had to cancel my clinic appointment for tomorrow because the insurance wasn't worked out so I'm not sure when I'm going in to get my blood work and the dressing changed.   They are supposed to call me tomorrow and let me know.  

I made dinner for Colin.  It was a chili cheese hot dog casserole.  Different and easy.  Colin seemed to like it. After dinner we chilled out and watched tv.  I got ready for bed around 7:30.  I went in to bed around 8:30.  I am hopefully going to fall asleep soon.  Sweet dreams!!  I will post more tomorrow.  Good night!


No comments:

Post a Comment