Thursday, January 14, 2016

Wednesday January 13

Woke up and put on a fluid to get my day started.

After my fluid was done I showered and got dressed.  I changed my osteomy bag and let it seal for about a half hour.  

Dr. DiMartini had changed the dosage on one of my prescriptions so I went to the pharmacy and filled it.  I returned the redbox movies and ran in to the grocery store to get Colin some yogurt and fruit.  Colin also wanted something to clean his shoes so I ran in to DSW and got him a little shoe cleaning kit.   I also bought a pair of socks so I could make a cover from them for my picc line.  I had ordered covers on Etsy and given my exact measurements but the covers are short in length and don't cover the dressing.   They aren't snug at all and slide off so they are pretty much pointless.  I was able to make two covers out of a pair of socks for $5.  I wish I would have thought of it sooner.

I went home and made some calls to follow up on my clinic appointment, blood work, dressing changes etc.  In the meantime I received a call from my therapist.   She had been speaking to a friend of hers in regards to my insurance and all the hoops we have been having to jump through in order to make sure my transplant is covered etc.  Her friend gave her the name of a reporter that she thought might be interested in telling my story.   Rebecca asked me if I would be alright with her contacting him and seeing what he has to say.   She said she wouldn't give him my information, she just wanted to feel it out and see what his thoughts were.  I told her that I would be completely fine with her giving him my information and that I would be ok with speaking to him as well.   She said she would call him and get back to me.   About an hour later she called back and said that the reporter spoke to his editor and they would definitely like to do a story on me and the insurance issues.   She told me he will be calling me today to set something up.   Hopefully I can help to get the word out there and we can get this mess resolved in one way or another.   Maybe even help someone else who is going through the same thing that I am.  I'm kind of excited to see where this will go.  I will keep you posted on the progress.

I received a nice surprise today from Kelly and Matt!!   She sent me a gift for 20 blue ray dvd rentals at the Redbox!!   She knows I watch a lot of movies and she wanted to do something nice for me.  I thought it was super sweet of her!!  Thank you Kelly!!!   I love you!!

Around 4:00, I started dinner.  I made unstuffed cabbage rolls.   It looked and smelled good.   Colin said it was a little bland but he added some salt and pepper and was good to go.  

I got a call from Mary's assistant around 4:30 telling me I need to report to 7 west first thing Thursday am.   They got approval for me to at least go to my clinic visits and get my blood work done and dressing changed.  I hooked up my tpn early since we have to be there at 7am and got ready for bed.  I went in and laid down and watched tv.  My mom called and I talked to her for a little bit and then Shawn called so I was on the phone with home for about an hour.  After I talked to Shawn I fell asleep.  I was up about every 2-3 hours.   It was a pretty restless night but I made due.  Hopefully I can accomplish some things today.   We will see.  I will post later.   Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment