Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Tuesday January 26

I had my clinic appointment today.  We got there at 6am.  They did my blood work and gave me fluids.   The doctors made their rounds really early.  I told him how I've been feeling and what's going on.  He said that it's because we changed the steroids again.  On top of feeling crappy from that, I have thrush back really bad on my tongue and down my throat (from the steroids of course!).   They put me back on antibiotics for 10 days.  Now I'm going to have all the side effects from them.

We got home from clinic around 10:30.  We ran over and grabbed the mail because I hadn't gotten it since Thursday.  There was a note in the mail that I had a package so we went to the leasing office to pick it up.  My friend Sam Seifreid sent me a package with caffeine free herbal teas!!! How awesome is she?  She is always thinking about me and knows how to put a smile on my face.  It was such a nice surprise!  Thank you Sam!!!   Love you!!!

On another note....My osteomy bag's wax was starting to flake off so I changed it to be safe and so it didn't break on me.   I watched tv with Colin while it was sealing.  After it was done I ran to the store and grabbed water.  I didn't realize we were out yesterday when I went.  I got home and straightened up the kitchen.  Then I put on another fluid.

While my fluid was going I watched a movie on vh1.  The movie and fluids were done around the same time. When they were done it was time for me to leave for therapy.  My therapy session went well.  I am trying some new things with her help that will essentially (hopefully) help me shut off my brain at night so I can sleep.  As you can see by the time I am posting this, I am wide awake and it hasn't worked for me this evening but she said it takes practice.  

After therapy I came home.  Shawn called and I was on the phone with him for a little while.  I put on my tpn and drank some pina colada tea (thanks Sam!!) After I was ready for bed, I face timed Amber and the boys.  We talked for about a half hour and then I went to bed.  Hopefully tonight isn't too sleepless.  Sweet dreams everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment