Thursday, January 14, 2016

Thursday January 14

Woke up extra early today to go to clinic.   Went to clinic.  Had my blood work done, got a bag of fluids while I was there.  The doctors made their rounds around 10.  They said everything looks good on my blood work.  Dr. Cruz looked at my abdomen and did some measurements.  He's happy with how everything looks.  He and Bill decided to change my steroid dosages.  I was taking 30mg in the am and 20 in the afternoon and at night.   They are changing it to 35mg in the am, 20 in the afternoon and 15 at night.   They are hoping this will help with my sleep and that I won't have any nausea or vomiting with the decrease.   It's all a guess and check so if I start to get sick at all I'm going to have to go back to the higher dosages.  I start the new doses tomorrow.

We got home from clinic around 11.  I copied some of my health benefit stuff so I have records and got together what I needed to mail back to them.  I had a couple of other things to mail as well so I ran over to the post office and mailed them out.  

Around 2:30 I received a call from the reporter at the Pittsburgh Gazette.  He asked me a bunch of questions about my insurance and what is going on with my transplant etc.  He is coming to the apartment tomorrow at 10 to interview me and bringing a photographer to take some pictures.  Hopefully this gets the ball rolling with the insurance and they get things approved fairly quickly.  I'm also hoping that it puts the word out there about my transplant and can bring awareness to the importance of organ donation and possibly even turn into some donations.  Fingers crossed!!

After my phone call with him I made some pumpkin baked oatmeal for Colin so he has something for breakfast.  I cleaned the house and got ready to leave for my therapy appointment.

I went to therapy, came home, and now I'm lounging on the couch until it's time to put on my tpn.  I'm hoping to put it on around 8 and actually hopefully get some sleep tonight.  We will see.  Wish me luck for tomorrow.  I will let you know how I make out.   Have a good night!  Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment